Some observations and things I learned on Day 1
- Considering how many of the people I know that weren’t coming to Affiliate Summit this time around the place is PACKED! The meet market yesterday was extremely busy.
- There are more Faux Hawks per capita at an Affiliate Summit then the Jersey Shore.
- Some affiliates are cheap as hell. We had a dude jump in a cab with us yesterday and say he’d pay for the ride. The bill was $4.90 – He paid $5 but refused to tip the driver. lame
- There is a lot of change going on at the affiliate networks. I’ve heard of quite a few layoffs this week.
- I hear rumblings that certain (loved & respected) affiliate networks you THINK are doing well are being supported by only 3 or 4 affiliates.
- A lot of guys that have been in affiliate marketing for a LONNG time actually aren’t even doing affiliate marketing anymore. You would assume they are, but they are into other things at this point because they wanted more stability in their income.
- According to Jason @ Ads4Dough Seminar: Email data is worth 50 cents – $1.50 per record per month. SMS data is worth 5-10 cents per record. Phone data is worth $1-$5 per record. Physical mail data is worth 25-50 cents per record. If you ever broker data, make sure you seed the list so that you know what’s being mailed to it. B2Mobile is a good SMS partner. If you do an email list right the data is worth approximately $1 the first month, 50 cents per month for the next 4-5 months and has a lifespan of 6 months.
- I hear that affiliates are owed tons of outstanding money by affiliate networks.
- I hear that affiliate networks are owed tons of outstanding money by advertisers.
- The affiliates in the CPS space don’t seem to respect the affiliates in the CPA space and vice-versa – maybe it’s a lack of understanding what each type of affiliates’ business model is.
- Companies that hire models to work at their booth come off as desperate to me.
- People need to learn how to talk louder.
That is all…
Please Note: I do receive a Press Pass to Affiliate Summit which get’s me in for free however, all statements and thoughts are my own opinions.