Posted by Ad Hustler | Posted in Ad Hustler, Doing Business | Posted on 18-08-2009
Let’s set the scene.
I was at Affiliate Summit in the press room with Ian Fernando. A lady comes up to me and asks if I would like to have a discussion about my life. Needless to say, the Ad Hustler brand of dark humor and mischief surfaced very quickly. I turned to Ian and said “I’m Gonna Mess With Her!” I followed her to the corner of the room and she introduced herself as Kim Ann Curtin, Life Coach. She started asking me a series of questions of which I couldn’t really come up with any funny answers. Then she started talking to me about some of the answers I was giving and I was impressed. What could have been a joke, ended up being quite a nice conversation.
Here’s what I like about Kim:
- She’s overcome obstacles in her life and uses those experiences to help others.
- She’s got balls (not literally: figuratively) – How many people do you know walk up to strangers and ask to talk to them about their lives?
- She’s done some awesome guerilla/viral marketing which has gotten her national press attention.
- What she says makes sense, it’s not textbook crap, and she doesn’t think she’s better than you.
- She’s 100% likeable – Meet her and you’ll know what I mean.
There must be a point to this post right? YEP!
I have asked Kim to be a contributor to AdHustler.com. I want to share her with all of you guys & gals because she makes you think. She will post once in a while and hopefully we can get some great discussions going in the comments. The posts will be very different then my writing style but I ask you to read them with an open mind. Kim’s first post will come to you this week. I look forward to it and I hope you do too.