As you all know I am a huge fan of the Prosper202 & Tracking202 team. Wes & Steven are some of the most down to earth and cool cats in the affiliate marketing industry. I run a lot of traffic through prosper202. I happen to wipe the databases on one of my prosper202 installations quite often. I had recently wiped the database on one of the installs and a few days later my spy and analyze view stopped working. This had me concerned so I hit up a few affiliate buddies who tried to help me. I was in a bind and couldn’t figure out what was up so I called up Wes Mahler. This dude went above and beyond to help me resolve the issue. Since it’s such an easy fix i figured I’d post some step by step directions so other people don’t need to bother the prosper202 team.
If your SPY/Analyze views stop working and you are no longer seeing subids getting passed along to the affiliate network, here is what you need to do:
1) Open the MySQL section in your cPanel
2) Scroll to the bottom of that page and launch phpMyAdmin
3) In the left menu bar of phpMyAdmin select the database that is running your prosper202 install
4) This will launch the database and show you all of the tables within the database
5) Find the table called ‘202_clicks_spy’
6) Click the trash can icon next to that table (MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING THIS ON THE CORRECT TABLE)
7) The message Do you really want to TRUNCATE ‘202_clicks_spy’ will popup. Click ok.
8) The message Table 202_clicks_spy has been emptied – Your Prosper202 is now fixed.
What is happening is that there is a memory limit on the tables within MySQL. On my server it appears to be 16MiB. Once that limit is reached it causes the Prosper202 install to stop functioning properly. Wes sent me a text later on letting me know this as well:
If you want to adjust the max memory size of the table max_heap_size is the mysql setting that increasing from 16mb+ will fix the issue. Once the setting changes, the server will need to be restarted for it to work.
I hope this helps someone who runs into the same problem.