I’m often working on a lot of projects at one time. I’ve been asked how I manage multiple projects. Now, i’m not saying that i’m the BEST at managing time. I can get just as distracted as the next guy but this is my typical process.
I use a handwritten list of things that need to be done. The list has two columns. Status & Task. Once the task is completed I put an X in the status column and highlight the item. The goal is to have the whole page highlighted by the end of the day. At the bottom of the list I have 3 grey rows for urgent items. I print out 30 days worth of task lists so I can assign things to certain days.
- Work on one thing at a time. Try NOT to multitask. I find when I work on one thing at a time I tend to get more done.
- Close all windows on your computer that you aren’t using. Open windows make me more easily distracted.
- Keep your workspace clean. I get more done with a clean desk and a clean desktop.
- Don’t listen to music. I tend to get more done in silence.
- Get the annoying tasks that you want to procrastinate on done first. It helps motivate you to get through your whole task list.
- Avoid sites you DON’T need to be on to get the job done. Designate a certian amount of time to BSing on the sites you love.
Have anything to add? Share in the comments!