Posted by Ad Hustler | Posted in Ad Networks, Affiliate Marketing, Big Pimpin', Doing Business | Posted on 19-08-2013
If you’ve been reading my ramblings for a while you know how I cover conferences. There are no long well written posts here. I prefer to just post my thoughts and observations….granted, my thoughts can be kind of weird.
- Philadelphia is filled with homeless zombie types wandering all over the place. More people have asked me for 33 cents then have tried to give me a business card so far.
- The bigger/more expensive the watch, the smaller the penis (and likely the sooner that persons company is going out of business)
- A lot of people at Affiliate Summit don’t do affiliate marketing anymore, which there’s nothing wrong with. A lot of people seem to have moved to more stable areas of internet marketing.
- There seems to be a marked comeback of nutraceuticals which as just as uncompliant at Acai so expect another crackdown sooner than later.
- Fake it till you make it is alive and kicking. I was talking to some insiders about affiliate networks. Some of the affiliate networks you think are doing well, aren’t. I learned yesterday that one network that you would think kills it every month is doing about $250,000 revenue per month and making about $30,000 and then still having to pay about 8 employees. I say it all the time but KNOW WHO YOU’RE WORKING WITH & make sure you aren’t extending too much credit to these networks.
- The parties sucked pretty bad last night exept for Badger Ball which was pretty cool. If you want a badass party check out Affiliate Ball tonight!
- I feel bad for newbie affiliates who are trying to make it and live the dream. It’s going to be a long, hard, ugly road.
That’s all for now. Talk to ya’ll tommorow. If you see me today, say hello!