Posted by Ad Hustler | Posted in Affiliate Marketing, Doing Business | Posted on 23-08-2011
- Tons of what I would consider large well known affiliates are completely gone from this industry.
- Almost no one turned out for what I would consider one of the most important sessions of this whole conference “Testimonials in Social Media” yet no one misses a party.
- “You are legally responsible for not just what you SAY in an ad but what the consumer takes away from that ad” ~Jeff Greenbaum
- “A review is not necessarily an endorsement – it’s the relationship between the review and the advertiser that makes it an endorsement” ~Jeff Greenbaum
- Typical results are what must be marketed not only the best of the best results.
- People think “White Boarding” is code for smoking pot.
- Multiple female affiliate managers have told me that they have been severely sexually harassed at networks. Kind of pathetic if you ask me.
- Sometimes you can’t judge someone or something right off the bat – I was about to blow someone off when they were pitching me and then realized what they were pitching had more value then i thought.
- Affiliate Summit attendance is up year over year despite the economy.
- I see bad things coming for a couple of affiliate networks…
- Keep your friends close and your enemies closer