Affiliate Summit 2009 is quickly approaching on August 9-11, 2009. If you are involved with the affiliate marketing industry and don’t know what Affiliate Summit is you must have been sleeping. Affiliate Summit is the PREMIER affiliate marketing conference in the U.S. I can already hear some of newbies asking yourself this question:
If affiliate marketing is an internet based business why do I have to waste my time going to a conference?
OH BOY! Affiliate marketing is just like any other industry. You need connections. Affiliate Summit provides a conference that tons of industry folks attend, making it easy to make new connections, friends & business partners.
This years Affiliate Summit East 2009 is taking place in NYC on The Avenue of The Americas at The Hilton. This is the same hotel that Ad:Tech has taken place at for many years.
If you have not been to an Affiliate Summit yet here are some tips:
- If you are the educational type, like to hear lectures and enjoy hearing from experts in the field, get a full pass. If you could barely make it through high school because of your inability to sit in a class just get the silver pass which enables you to enter the meet market & conference hall.
- Stay in the hotel at the conference or one in very close proximity. It makes it easier to meet up with people.
- Set some meetings before hand. If their is an affiliate manager you want to meet or another affiliate you want to share a meal with, set up the meeting berfore hand. Affiliate Summit can get hectic and people do book meetings way before.
- RSVP to all parties before you get there. Typically a few weeks before Summit you start seeing the parties being announced with online RSVPs. Do yourself a favor and just RSVP to all of them.
- Last but not least. Affiliate Summit as well as FeedFront magazine is run by 2 really cool people. Shawn Collins & Missy Ward. Say hello to them at the show and let them know how much you appreciate what they do for this industry.
So….Are you going to attend? Post a Comment!
Please Note: I do receive a Press Pass to Affiliate Summit which get’s me in for free however, all statements and thoughts are my own opinions.