Posted by Ad Hustler | Posted in Affiliate Marketing | Posted on 09-02-2009
When an affiliate wants to find a new offer to promote, they typically browse around their favorite affiliate network looking for an offer that seems promising OR promote an offer they know others are promoting profitably. There is another way to find new offers that are often overlooked. This method is the “private offer.” There are a number of ways to get private offers.
- If you know an advertiser sometimes they may have other offers that are private that they will let you run if they have a good relationship with you.
- If you know a network really well, they may offer you “private offers” not available to other affiliates.
- You can hunt down offline companies and set them up online (on a CPA basis) similar to Shoemoney’s Local Affiliate Marketing post.
- You can create your own offer.
All of these styles of obtaining a “private offer” contain an advantage for you. This advantage is some degree of exclusivity. Having that exclusivity means that the offer isn’t super saturated and if it’s a great converting offer you stand to make a ton of money. If you are an affiliate already doing big numbers, I highly suggest you diversify and find a new offer that not a lot of, or better yet NO affiliates are pushing. You may be pleasantly surprised at the kind of money you can make on an under-saturated offer.
Guys & Gals, DirectTrack is currently down across all networks. I have no idea whether it’s tracking or not, so err on the side of caution and watch your campaigns like a hawk. That is all.
EDIT: Sources on the inside say that its tracking and is just a firewall issue. <—-Ignore
RE-EDIT: My links are not working, so watch your campaigns carefully. <——- PAUSE PAUSE PAUSE
RE-RE-EDIT: Things are back to normal, restart your traffic.
….What a day…
I love sketchy advertising. It’s fun, it’s creative and it’s a great way to part retarded people with their money. If you take a look at the ads that are popular right now you will realize their are a lot of other people that are liking sketchy ads too. Here’s the problem. Affiliates don’t know where to draw the line.
Outing ads that are running right now is wrong. I don’t want my ads outed so I’m not going to out anyone elses. If you take a look at some of the ads running on Facebook since all of the changes last week, you will find, their are people putting up ads that are so far over the line, that it makes the Ad Hustler himself cringe. There are 2 problems going on right now that affiliates need to resolve themselves before it effects EVERYONE.
- You can’t use celebrity endorsements (PARTICULARLY THE MOST POWERFUL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD….HINT HINT) without their permission. If you do, you are looking for some serious trouble, some serious money in legal fees, and a possible gaping butthole in a federal prison
- Everyone has copied something in their marketing career. No ones completely innocent of that. The problem lies in that affiliates on Facebook, and everywhere else, are copying each others ads and pictures exactly. It wouldn’t be a huge problem if one person copied the ad, but hundreds or affiliates are copying the same ad. This causes the same ad to display 3 times on the same page which provides a very poor user experience. When users start to complain, Facebook will have to regulate again. This is bad for everyone and is actually one of the reason for the great Google Content Network slap of 2009.
These are two major issues that I hope affiliates can regulate from the bottom up rather from the top down. Don’t do these things yourself. Let other affiliates know to use their brain before stealing ads word for word. If we can’t control this ourselves, our traffic sources are going to crack down on us and we are all going to suffer.